Generally speaking, your nails have a natural shape that is largely genetic, and is usually round or square. Besides, the shape of your cuticle and nail bed also determines the natural shape of your nail. Today, the nail supply expert Maryton will tell you some popular nail shapes.
Below are several popular nail shapes:
- Almond: Almond nails look like almonds, with tapered sides that meet in a rounded top.
- Round: Round nails resemble the end of the fingernail and are a common natural shape. In general, the sides are filed in a straight line and end in a semicircular point.
- Square: Square nails are flat on top with straight, pointed corners. They work best on short nails or nails that are naturally square or rectangular in shape.
- Ballerina: The shape resembles a coffin, but it is also sometimes called a “ballerina” because it resembles the square toe of a ballet shoe.
- Rounded Square: Rounded square nails are similar to square nails, except the edges are slightly rounded to create a softer, more oval shape.
- Stiletto: Stiletto nails are similar to almond nails, but they are more pointed at the tip. The shape is filed down to a sharp point and is usually carried long.
Hoping that this article has pleased you and will give you ideas! In addition, I also advise you to invest in some professional manicure kits to care for your nails!
Read also: How important is the shape of the file?