If there’s one beauty look that’s perfect for any festive occasion, it’s the smokey eye, and the reason is simple: Smokey eyes are easy to achieve and add just the right amount of drama to every OOTN (outfit of the night). But just because this go-to look is a beauty staple doesn’t mean there’s only one way to wear it. Cue galaxy eyes — the Instagram trend that instantly upgrades your tried-and-true smokey look thanks to shimmering details and OTT application. Instead of using neutral hues to accomplish your badass GNO style, use glittery pigments like sparkly blues and purples to truly make your eyes pop. Finalize the look with a few coats of mascara and your favorite lip color, and you’ll be ready to stun. Need some inspo for your own set of peepers? See how these eight Instababes rocked this high-profile look.
1. Shimmery Blue: Amplify your beauty look by rocking a shimmery blue shadow applied liberally on your lids and the under-eye area. Complement the hue with a matching mascara to create a seamless look with a flawless finish.
2. Out-of-This-World Ombre: Take your eye game to a whole other level with this sparkly ombre effect. Add a bit of silver highlighter to the center of your lid and along your cheekbones to capture all the attention.
3. Metallic Smokey Eye: Nothing says glamour like a DDG galaxy eye in a sultry hue. Buff out your shadow to blend the black pigment over your lids and then lightly dab glitter on top to really make your eyes pop.
4. Sparkling Purple: Go full-on glam by accenting a black shadow with a few shades of purple. Finish it off with a shimmery touch on your brow line and the inner corners of your eyes.
5. Constellation Eyes: If traditional glitter isn’t your thing, try using tiny stars to create a galaxy effect. All you need is makeup glue and a killer cat-eye to recreate this stunning style.
6. Moody Mermaid: Give your eyes some major pizzazz with a glowing cat eye in mermaid-approved hues of green and blue. Highlight using an iridescent tone of teal and you’re set for an epic GNO.
7. Space Goddess: Go for a more literal take on the trend with this badass style. Match your peepers with a matte lip color to really take it there.
8. Meteor Shower: Take this look deep into sultry territory with multi-colored metallic shadows that extend to your brow line and beyond. Keep the focus on your eyes by pairing the look with a bare, minimal lip.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius makeup hacks and inspo.